Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Friday, September 2, 2011

NZ Secondary Schools Cycling Champs

The last few weeks I have had some bad news. I have developed a stress reaction in my femur, which means NO running. Fortunately I can still swim and cycle so I was able to enter the NZSS Cycling races.

The first race was an 8km time trial. I had a pretty average race and finished up 14th. This poor result motivated me to prove to everyone and myself that I could do much better. The morning of the Mount Wellington Hill climb produced awesome weather. The Hill climb is one of the hardest races I’ve ever done because you get half way up and the burn of lactic acid in your legs kicks in. I felt that I had given the hill everything I had as my legs and chest hurt and I could hardly stand up. I was so pleased to finish 2nd and find myself in 4th position overall with one race remaining.

The criterium was an exciting race and I managed to get quite a few sprint points which put me in to third position overall in the U20 girls. I also finished strongly taking out 3rd place in the criterium.

Reflecting back on the weekend I produced some great results and learnt from my mistakes. I have increased confidence in how my stress reaction will hold up on the bike giving me a heads up for my World age group triathlon race next weekend in Beijing.  Despite my injury I will be competing, I have had to withdraw from the aquathlon and the 5km run I do on race day will be my first run in 5 weeks.

Thank you to my sponsor Subway who have assisted me in getting to Beijing and to Balance nutrition for supplying me with product to support my training

No comments:

Post a Comment