Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Summer of Surf


The surf season for me this year began early with the U20 World Champs in Adelaide where I came home with 7 silver medals and our team claimed silver overall. Thanks to my fantastic team mates, Natalie, Dannielle, Katrina, Carina,Emily, Cory, Sam, Ben Q, Ben J, Toby and Chris.

It’s coming to the business end of the surf season now. I have had some great success over the various carnivals. Highlights have been taking out the overall U19 and Open age group categories at CRCs, winning the Open Ironwoman at the Omanu Classic. Winning 7 medals at ERCs and winning a place in the Sonic Series Ironwoman Eliminator series this coming weekend at Mount Maunganui.

Over the weekend was the final of the Regional Champs for Surf Life Saving. Despite carrying a few small injuries it was a great weekend. I picked up a massive 17 medals. 10 of which were gold. Some of the highlights of the weekend were winning the U19 Iron woman immediately after racing the Open iron woman where I placed 3rd. Other individual titles included U19 and Open Board and U19 ski race. Winning multiple back to back U19, Open and mixed double ski titles with fellow Mairangi Bay team mates was an awesome feeling, especially winning the U19 double ski with my 15 year old sister, Kayla.  Our Open Woman’s Taplin team are currently unbeaten over a year of racing.  The performances in the weekend have gained me enough points to win the Open woman’s Board and Ski titles in the Sonic Series.

Competing in multiple races over the weekend and being able to perform my best in each race with limited mistakes has put me in a great position for Surf Life Saving nationals in 3 weeks at Mount Maunganui Beach. Further looking ahead at Australian Titles held at Kirra Beach in the Gold Coast later in April.

Special thanks to Sonic Surf Craft NZ for providing me with my ski and board weapons which have continuously helped me win over the summer. Big thanks to Subway and Balance Nutrition for fueling me up during training and helping me recover between competitions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment