Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Big News

I have had some extremely good news this week. For starters I went to the Rangitoto College Sports prize giving. I was thrilled to win Blues with distinction in Multisport, Cycling and Triathlon and a New Zealand Representative award. I then went on to win the Excellence in the Non- Sanctioned Sport award for my Surf Life Saving. Thank you to Millennium Institute of Sport who gave me a free one year membership!! To top it off, I jointly won Sports Woman of the Year!! It is such an honor to be named in front of all my peers at such a huge school.

Lastly, on Thursday I was named in the New Zealand Surf Life Saving A Team competing in Australia in November this year. I am the youngest in this very strong team of 12 and am so excited as I never expected to make the team.
I have just heard that my new sponsored surf ski has been completed by Sonic NZ and it will be up in Auckland on Friday. I can’t wait to paddle it!!!
I have two weeks of holidays now, where I will be making the most of studying and training.

No comments:

Post a Comment