Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Summer Surf Season

It’s been an exciting few weeks lately.

I returned from Australia competing with the NZ A Surf Life Saving team at Coffs Harbour. We had some pretty lousy weather, definitely not weather to get a tan.  I had a few unlucky finishes due to the inconsistent waves but placed 3rd in the U19 board and Ski and 1st in U19 Ironwoman. I was also in the Open Womens ski and board relay teams which both won gold. We did lots of travelling in the van and I was grateful to be able to stop and fill up with SUBWAY during the trip.

Last weekend I had a NZ development Surf Life Saving camp at Mount Maunganui, I really enjoyed the training and there were some great waves to have fun in during the ironman set. I raced the Tinman triathlon the following day and despite the hard trainings I managed to pull out a good race, finishing 1st overall woman in the sprint race.

I am looking forward to another great surf carnival this weekend at Whangamata. The carnival is a NZ trial and is the first in the Sonic Surf series, a new National event aimed at providing more top end racing opportunities. I plan on entering the board and Ironwoman races. Following this I am heading to Gisborne for a week of surf and triathlon training.

No comments:

Post a Comment