Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Monday, January 23, 2012

Great Start To The New Year

All ready a great start to the New Year competing in Surf Life Saving. On the 7th of January I competed in the Owen Chapman Carnival at Red Beach. I had a great day coming 2nd in the u19 ski race and winning the Open iron woman and Open board race!! I also had other wins in open team races.

Last weekend we took a trip down to New Plymouth to compete in the Central Regional Champs. The weather was horrible and the waves were messy but that did not stop me from performing at my best!! I placed 3rd in U19 swim, 4th in open iron woman, 1st in U19 ski, 1st in U19 and open board. With our limited 3 Mairangi Bay competitors all from different age groups we entered an Open Taplin team and open board team where we placed 2nd and 1st!! This was the first time I got to race with my 14 year old sister, Kayla.
It was such a great experience getting to race against some of the best in the country!!
With limited recovery time between races it was great to be able to refuel up on some Balance Nutrition Restore Energy Powder.
Last week I had some more great news as I was selected in both the U19 and Open Auckland Surf League teams which compete on the 11th and 12th of February.
I have a busy month ahead as I will be racing Eastern Region Champs at Mount Maunganui on the 28th and 29th of January, a triathlon race in Kinloch on the 5th of February, Surf League on the 11th and 12th of February and Northern Region Champs at Ruakaka on the 18th and 19th of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment