Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Sunday, March 25, 2012

Surf Life Saving Nationals Round Up

One week has gone since a wicked Surf Life Saving Nationals in Gibsorne and I’m already itching to get back on my board and hit the surf.

Last weekend I had a remarkable weekend bringing home 8 medals and achieving all my goals!!

There were a few fantastic highlights of my weekend. The first one was when I raced the U19 Board final and won it by 2 waves ahead of the rest of the field!!  I then walked  to the start of the Open Woman’s Board Final and placed third in a sprint up the beach.

One of the best moments was winning the Open Woman’s Taplin relay with teammates Maddie Boon and Rachael Dodwell!! To sum up the weekend I was named in the New Zealand Development Squad, from which a NZ U20 team will be selected to compete in the World champs later this year.

Summing up the whole Surf Life Saving Season I medalled 6 times at Central Region Champs, 5 times at Eastern Region Champs, 14 times at Northern Region Champs and 8 times at Nationals. I also made the Auckland U19 and Open Surf League teams; placed 2nd in the Open woman’s Sonic Series Iron Woman Final and won the Open Woman’s Sonic Series Board race series.

As the Surf Life Saving Season has now ended I’d like to say a big thank you to Sonic Surf Craft, Balance Nutrition, Subway and my Parents for helping me maximise my performance and achieve my goals throughout the summer.

I am now looking forward to racing Triathlon Nationals next week at Lake Karapiro, having a nice holiday in Thailand and later racing the Secondary Schools Multisport at Rotorua.

No comments:

Post a Comment