Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Thursday, June 7, 2012

Danielle Smashes Multisport Nationals

I have just come back from an exciting long weekend in Rotorua!!

Last weekend I competed in the NZSS 3D Multisport race held in the Redwoods Rotorua. Sunday the day of competition produced calm beautiful weather down on Lake Okareka. Starting with the 4km kayak I was able to pull away from the female field and come out 2nd in the male’s race. Onto the mountain bike I surprised myself and continued to stretch my lead and overtake the 1st boy to lead into the 2nd transition. Heading out onto the 6km hilly run I was feeling strong and was only overtaken in the last 2km of the race by the leading male. When I crossed the finish line I was so stoked to finish just over 1 minute behind the 1st male and over 14 minutes in front of the next female. I also broke my previous course record by 12 minutes. “I love the 3D race; it’s such an awesome event!! And really cool to be competing alongside Richard and Elina Ussher previous Coast to Coast Champions!!” Thanks to my sponsors SUBWAY and BALANCE NUTRITION who have helped me along the way to success!!

Also during the weekend I was lucky enough to receive my new Mal Board made by SONIC SURF CRAFT. Loving the new design and the idea of getting to paddle a completely NEW board!!! Can’t wait to take it for a spin later on in the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment