Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wicked Winning Weekend!!

Last Saturday night I was awarded the U19 Sports Woman of The Year at the Surf Life Saving Northern Region awards. Thank you to BALANCE for my 1.6kg Restore Energy Prize. It was an awesome finish to a successful summer of competition!! Congratulations to my fellow Mairangi Bay clubbies who also took out awards, Chanel Hickman, Zane Boon and Jan Battaerd.

I got up early the next morning after prize giving to travel down to Cambridge for the North Island Secondary Schools Cycling Champs. Before the race I was really nervous and wasn’t expecting any great results. I would have been happy just to finish in the front bunch with my lack of cycling over the last month. During the race I was feeling pretty good and nearing the finish I put myself into a perfect sprinting position. Just before the line I saw a gap and managed to sneak over it in first place!! It was a tough race thanks to the St Cuth’s girls (Devon, Elise and Helena) and Racquel Sheath.

It was such an amazing feeling to win the U20 woman’s race as it’s great to finish off my last year of school with some good results.  I head back into the water now to start my surf lifesaving training in the hope of making the NZ U20 World champs team.

No comments:

Post a Comment