Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Sunday, September 9, 2012

NZSS Mt Wellington Cycling


 This weekend was the NZ Secondary School Individual Cycling Champs. I had some great racing. On Saturday I was 4th in the Mount Wellington Hill Climb and really stoked with my 3rd placing in the 8km Time Trial. Huge improvement from my last year’s placing of 14th.
Today I had an awesome and unexpected criterium race and managed to break away leading into the last lap to hold on and win the U20 woman’s race. Still can’t believe it!!!  Overall this gave me enough points to place 3rd in the overall points competition.
I am now feeling more confident with my cycling legs and ready to take on cycling Nationals in Palmerton North later this month. I now look forward to a few heavy weeks of surf life saving and triathlon training in preparation for World Champs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment