Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Wednesday, October 16, 2013

International Challenge 2013!!

Recently I came back from Japan after competing for NZ at the Sanyo Bussan Surf Life Saving International Challenge held at Onjuku beach. It was a great experience and I had an amazing time. The international challenge was raced over 3 different days where the competing countries included Australia, NZ, Japan, Korea, America and Canada. There was some very tough racing especially between Aussie and NZ. The highlights of racing included on the first day Nick Malcolm and I winning the board relay and Devon and I winning the Board rescue.

On the last day of competition I placed 2nd in the iron woman, ski, board and board rescue. There were many other races I was pleased with over the 3 days of racing.

Since I arrived home I have my head in university books, studying and working hard on numerous assignments and exams.   

Mid November I will be heading to Australia to live for a month and compete in a few Surf life Saving races. Later in December I will head back to NZ to race the Mount Monster and work as a life guard over Christmas and into the New Year.
This summer you will see me travel around the country and across the ditch for various Surf Life Saving events to achieve my goal of making the NZ Worlds Surf Life Saving team to compete in France later in 2014.


A huge thank you to Balance Nutrition and Subway for the continued support over the last few years and to Sonic Surf Craft who have offered me a new ski and board for competitions this year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment