Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Mt Monster

Last weekend introduced the inaugural Mt Monster held at Main beach Mt Maunganui. The event consisted of a 5km run, 1.5km swim, 12km ski and 6km board paddle. This new event showed huge potential for future years and is an important stepping stone for NZ athletes wanting to race the Coolangata Gold.

The female’s race came down to a sprint finish after 2hrs 40min of racing between Katie Wilson and I. I used every last bit of energy that was left in the tank along with determination to get up off my board and take the win by 3 seconds. The event challenged me both mentally and physically as I experienced many cramps in my legs both in the ski and board.
A huge thank you to my parents getting involved and being my support crew to help me out during the race. Another thank you to Sonic Surf Craft for the awesome gear to paddle on and the bright colours to help my parents spot me while out on the ski leg. And to Balance Nutrition for the gels and electrolytes used to top up my energy during racing. 


Congratulations to the men’s race winner Cory Taylor another fellow Sonic team rider who won by over 5 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment