Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Multisport Nationals 2014

So its been awhile since my last blog...


After winning the U20 Multisport Nationals last weekend and placing 4th in the Open woman's race I though it was time for a bit of an update!
So here it goes :)
After not doing any triathlon or multisport races for 2 years I thought it was time to go back and try out my longest race yet! After only 1 month of training which consisted of mostly paddling with 6 mountain bike rides and 3-4 runs a week I decided to give the 3D Multisport a crack. This time I entered the 50km premier race which took me just under 3 and 1/2 hours to complete. I started out with a fair advantage off the paddle and held off Elina and Nic for about half the race. (Which I thought they would have caught me a lot earlier than they did.)
It was a great change to build up my base fitness training in other disciplines but now its time to get back on focus to making the NZ World Surf Life Saving team which gets selected after a team camp in the Gold Coast early July.



Later in June I will head back to the Gold Coast for some warm winter training.

Thats all for now! Hope you enjoyed a quick read.
Cao

No comments:

Post a Comment