Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Friday, October 17, 2014

2014 Surf Life Saving World Champions!! + travels

After 3 and a half months of being away from New Zealand and having a blast I am finally home! I enjoyed every part of it and would gladly do it again. 
My last 3 months started off with living in Australia for 2 months to train for Surf Life Saving.
I raced the Kelloggs Nutrigrain trial just before heading to France for some racing preparation. The surf was pretty testing but with some good ski skills I managed to qualify!! This was a huge surprise but I can't wait to race. First race is in Perth 29th/ 30th of November.



After the trial we flew back to NZ only to turn around and fly to France the next day with the NZ Surf Life Saving team. I had the best Worlds experience I could have imagined with an awesome bunch of kiwis. I loved every part of the trip and am already looking forward to worlds in 2016 in Netherlands. 
New Zealand are now back to back WORLD CHAMPIONS!! I am the current World Board and Line throw CHAMPION. I also bought home 2 silver medals in the ski and ironwman and a bronze in the oceanwoman relay. 

Buzzing after worlds I traveled with my family through France, Monaco and Italy. We saw some amazing sights and had a blast! Following that Kayla and I left our parents and hopped on a train to travel to Munich for famous Octoberfest!!
I finished off my travels by heading to Vietnam with my boyfriend for 12 days.We started off in Hanoi and finished up in Ho Chi Minh.

It is time to get back into some serious training as first race of the series is 29th/30th of November and I'm feeling pretty dam unfit!

Thanks for reading 


No comments:

Post a Comment