Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Wednesday, December 3, 2014

It was a tough one



The Kellogg's Nutrigrain Ironwoman series kicked off last weekend down at Smiths beach in WA.

I  had heard all about Smiths beach and how huge the surf was last year. So I expected the conditions to be rough. However we turned up to the beach and it was crystal clear completely dead flat water.

As a newcomer into professional iron racing I knew I was in for a tough few races. These girls are the best of the best in both Australia and the World. To race against them was an experience I will never forget. I still have so much to learn and experience.

Round one kicked off with the board leg followed by the swim and then the ski. M shaped course x 2 continuous. It was fast and tough. I was just out of reach of the main bunch and did most of the course by myself. Finished up 13th place.

Something about the number 13...  Not sure if it's very good luck.... Round 2  was an eliminator and started with ski followed by swim then board.  I was eliminated first round and finished. 13th again. This was one fast race.

I can't wait for the next race at surfers paradise in a few weeks.

Looking back on the last 7 months:

When I look back on Aussie titles last year I didn't even make the iron final. I now look how far I have come in the last 7months - winning 2 world titles and making it into the Nutrigrain Ironwoman series. Earlier this year I had set a goal of making the series in the next 3 years. I am proud to say that I made it a bit sooner than expected.

Going into next year I will be living in the Gold Coast until the end of January racing in the Nutrigrain series and SIQS races.

Follow this blog for the summer if your keen for some updates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment