Quotes

Pain is temporary, it may last one minute, one hour or one day but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. However if I quit, it lasts forever!!







Monday, December 22, 2014

Rounds 3 and 4 at Surfers Paradise

Rounds 3 and 4 of the Kellogg's Nutrigrain Ironwoman series was tricky. The surf conditions weren't big but tricky enough to cause people a few problems. I gave each race my all but the girls over here are just so fast!! The racing over here is hugely different to back home. I am still gaining experience each race and enjoying it. Although I have finished at the back end in each race i have been in the mix a couple of times.
"Pack Racing" is a big learning curve. In NZ  there are always only about three or four of us going head-to-head but over here there is the whole field trying to get around the bouys at once!

At the end of round 3 it was Liz Plumiers, Maddy Dunn and Bec Creedy who stepped up onto the podium and in the men's Kendrick, Poole and Shannon.

Round 4 was awesome to watch Creedy take the win followed closely by fellow BMD Northcliffe team mate Harriet Brown and then Jordan Metcer. For the men we saw the "Professor" back on top of the podium after a strong performance in the men's race!

After 4 rounds I sit in 13th place!

Special mention yo my super awesome handlers Ben Cochrane and Chill! Also all the Northcliffe supporters and the kiwis back home trying to follow the results online. And to my personal sponsors Sonic Surf Craft, Pita Pit NZ, JM Paddleboards and Rasdex.

No comments:

Post a Comment